This page will go over the steps of setting up a local Voice Genie Voice Environment for testing new / existing Voice Applications.
1. Download the Voice Genie Development Tools
2. Installing SJ Phone
3. Install MySQL and Setup the Database
4. Install VMWare and Configure Voice Genie Server
5. Install TomCat and Voice Applications
6. Firewall Settings
7. Running a test call
I. Download the Voice Genie Development Tools
1. In Windows Explorer, go to the follow location:
Z: \ Public \ Installations \ VGDevelopmentTools
On the share ad.adeptra.com
2. Download the entire VGDevlopmentTools directory to your local harddrive:
C: \ VGDevelopmentTools
* This will take a long time, there is a 6 gig file located in this folder.
3. Once download, continue to section III
1. Goto C: \ VGDevelopmentTools, and execute the application:
2. Follow the default installation steps. After installation, it should automatically launch and be ready to go.
3. Launch SJPhone, and in the main window where it says:
"Ready to call"
right click, and select 'Services' and make sure 'PC to PC Sip' is selected.
4. Also select Auto Accept Calls.
5. Test SJPhone by making an outbound call to another computer using its IP address.
6. Have another computer call your SJPhone.
7. If you have problems forming a connection, it is a firewall issue. Restart the computer, and go to Windows Firewall settings and allow SJPhone access.
III. Install MySQL
1. Unzip mysql-5.0.45-win32.zip and start the setup process.
2. Use all of the defaults throughout the setup, and during the last step, make sure "Setup database instance now" is checked.
3. This will launch the setup application for configuring the MySQL Instance.
4. Using the following:
i. Select Standard Configuration.
ii. Set the root password to 'root'
iii. Select 'include bin in environment variables.'
5. After setup is complete, launch a command window.
NOTE: If you get a failure, Open Control Panel, Windows Firewall, ExceptrionsTab, Add Program, and
add C: \ Program Files \ MySQL \ MySQL Server 5.0 \ bin \ mysql.exe
6. The database needs to be created:
mysql - uroot - proot (note: if this doesn't work, then: mysql-uroot-proot)
This will log you into MySQL.
create database pace1;
This will create a database instance that is required by the voice environment.
7. Next, we need to setup the database. First navigate to the location of the VGDevelopment Tools via command line:
cd C: \ VGDevelopmentTools
Now, to actually run the database setup:
mysql pace1-uroot-proot <pacingDb.sql
If this completes with no errors, the MySQL Database is setup and ready to go.
IV. Install VMWare and Configure Voice Genie Server
1. Goto C: \ VGDevelopmentTools, and execute the application:
2. Follow default setup.
3. Start up VMWare Player from the start menu.
4. You will be prompted with a folder window, navigate to C: \ VGDevelopmentTools \ VGLinux_v7_0_11 \, and select the file - rhel3.vmx
5. On the first launching of VMWare player, it will prompt you with an error for a UID, select 'Create new' and press 'Ok'.
6. When prompted with a window 'VMWare Web Check' press Cancel.
7. A linux start up screen will come up, and Voice Genie Linux will load.
8. In the VMWare window, select the dropdown menu titled 'Ethernet.'
i. Make sure 'Connected' is checked.
ii. Also select 'Host-only'.
9. If Host-only was not already selected in the previous step, login to the VMWare Linux using the username:
And the password:
Then run the following command:
Next, restart VMWare as previous stated.
10. If you restarted, wait for VG Linux to boot up again, and log back in. If you did not, login using the username:
And the password:
11. Switch to the following directory:
cd / usr / local / vg-scriptmanager / done
12. Now, return to windows and open a command prompt. Enter the following command:
13. Look for the VMWare, VMnet1 adapter:
Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix.:
IP Address............: 192.168.49.1
Subnet Mask...........: 255.255.255.0
14. The third number in the IP Address will be the 'y'. In the example above, it is 49. Write down y.
15. Select 'x', x can be any number in the range of 5 to 250. Select an x and write it down.
16. Return to voice genie, and run the following command:
./I010network (No spaces - do 'ls' to see the names of the scripts)
This will launch a shell script prompting you for information.
17. Enter information for the following prompts:
Domain Name: mydomain.com
IP Address: 192.168.yx (where y and x are the values selected above)
Net Mask (Subnet) 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP Address: 192.168.y.1
Name Server: 192.168.y.1
18. Enter the following command:
19. Restart VM Ware and minimize, this setup is done:
V. Install TomCat and Voice Applications
1. Start the installation for Tomcat by executing the application in the VGDevelopment Directoy:
2. After installation completes, unzip the following two files to the webapps directory in the Tomcat folder:
In my case:: \ Program Files \ Apache Software Foundation \ Tomcat 5.5 \ webapps \
The file to unzip are:
voiceapp.zip (This contains a baseline of sample voice genie applications)
DeviceRelaySimulator.zip (Simulates the injects of the voice payload)
3. Once the files are unzipped, open the configuration file in the following path:
C: \ Program Files \ Apache Software Foundation \ Tomcat 5.5 \ webapps \ voiceapp \ WEB-INF \ applicationContext.properties
4. Edit the configuration file changes all y's and x's in the IP Addresses to the values defined above:
nodeId = 81584
tcpAsyncResponseReceiver.hostName = 192.168.y.1
tcpAsyncResponseReceiver.port = 6001
ccxml.baseUrl = http://192.168.y.1:8080/voiceapp
ccxml.detectionAvailable = false
ccxml.sip.userAgentServer.address = 192.168.yx: 5068
ccxml.sip.userAgentClient.hostName = 192.168.y.1
ccxml.sip.userAgentClient.port = 5061
ccxml.detectionTimeout = 3250
outbound.callLimiting.audioCodes.snmpAgent.address = 192.168.yx: 161
outbound.callLimiting.maximumConcurrentCalls = 4
outbound.callLimiting.cardinality = 1
outbound.callLimiting.inboundSeparated = true
outbound.callLimiting.countPollPeriod = 0
outbound.ignoreCallWindows = true
machineIp = 192.168.yx: 5060
testConsumerPhoneNumber = sip: 192.168.y.1: 5060
testAgentPhoneNumber = sip: 192.168.y.1: 5060
pacing.statDb.jdbc.url = jdbc: mysql: / / localhost/pace1
pacing.statDb.jdbc.username = root
pacing.statDb.jdbc.password = root
http.dumpResponses = true
http.dumpResponses.dir = c: / temp
5. Save this file, right click 'My Computer' on the desktop, then select manage. Find services, and in the list find the Apache Foundation Tomcat service. Select Start and Stop service.
6. In a web browser, go to the following site:
Password: admin (may be just blank if you left it blank during installation)
7. Find the following applications:
If both are in a running, then you have no problems. If voiceapp is not running, there is something wrong with the configuration and it needs to be fixed.
VI. Firewall Settings
1. Goto Control Panel in Windows
2. Select 'Windows Firewall'
3. Click the 'Exceptions' tab.
4. Click 'Add Port'
5. For name, enter "Tomcat" and for Port Number enter 8080.
VII. Running a test call
1. Open a command prompt, and navigate to the following directory:
C: <path> \ VGDevelopmentTools
2. Enter the following command to run a test call:
java-cp. CtiTestSubmitter localhost 1203 287.xml
What the above command does is submits a Voice Payload (287) to the Device Relay Simulator and launches an outbound call to the SIP phone.
3. If nothing plays, re-enter the above command, the Voice Genie Server usually fails on the first call. If no call is place, then there is either a firewall issue, or a configuration issue and everything will need to be reviewed.
4. To troubleshoot, view C: \ Program Files \ Apache Software Foundation \ Tomcat 5.5 \ logs \ stdout_ <todays date>. Log and search for ERROR, WARN. Invalid
Note: To setup Eclipse: http://confluence.us1.adeptra.com:8888/confluence/display/Tools/Eclipse \ \
Related Posts of Development platform to build voice
In advance, I have only a superficial Ruby. And Rails do not come into contact with. After watching the video, or can read, and perhaps what kind of grammar can guess the meaning. Now studying Grails, by Grails so want to see implementation. First analysi
Today, under the ajax implementation saw the sign box, javaeye before the implementation of a log in box is also estimated using ajax implementation. It can not refresh the page to verify the user name or verification code is correct applications. First o
ActiveTcl to: http://downloads.activestate.com/ Ruby_Gui graphics tools to download here http://sourceforge.net/projects/spectcl/ window packet download Address http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24918&package_id=219784&rel ...
I have heard a lot of such talk: Ruby On Rails (RoR) cool easy enough to prepare one In Web Application speed 10 times faster than Java, and it has some Java features not superior. By To, Ruby will replace Java to become the next generation of programming
1, download and extract the extjs 2, download eclipse and Eclipse AJAX Toolkit Framework (ATF) I have been accustomed to using eclipse as a development environment, a variety of open-source plugin so that eclipse has all-around performance, operating effi
I wrote it myself a simple example of jsf1.2 + EJB3.0, mainly just for study JSF are brothers, for example, is very simple, one would look. Examples of content that is for a staff increase, deleted, changed, for example, includes two projects, one is ...
hibernate using myeclipse automatically generated HBM mapping file will be schema ="***" catalog ="***" Separately are the database instance name and database name, but in fact has been stated jdbc url connection database, are the ...
Environment: XP: oracle full client, ruby, rails, gem cygwin: ruby rails, gem (the version with the XP version) Needs: for cygwin is installed under the rails platform support oci Steps: <1> download oracle instant client (10.2.0.3 Instant Client Pa
Process migration from tomcat to websphere changes Because customers use the web application server software used by different what tomcat5, tomcat6, websphere5.1, websphere6.1, weblogic8, and so on, and the software used inconsistent standards, ibm's
myeclipsePlug-ins? 1.tomcatPlugin(Start tomcat )：http ://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPlugin.html,2.xVersions of eclipse 3 version 2 .1Version doesn't work. 2.Lomboz(Development of jsp program ,jspDynamic prompt, debugging ):http://forge.objectweb.org/pro